[Advaita-l] Jnana and Ajnana - a beautiful dialogue

H S Chandramouli hschandramouli at gmail.com
Mon Nov 11 05:21:22 EST 2019

Namaste Raghav Ji,

Reg  << Regarding AtmA which is alupta-dRk, you indicated that it is not
the sAxI for the GYAna vRtti (for even the vRtti vyApti aspect)? Because of
absence of phala vyApti? >>,

The different aspects you have mentioned (the vRtti vyApti aspect, phala
vyApti aspect etc) are not separately and independently identified in any
knowledge. Hence there is no concept of sAxi for each of such aspects. sAxi
is talked of in respect of just knowledge.

Reg  << Can you clarify and elaborate why "AtmA is sAxI for all manovRttis
except the GYAna vRtti" >>,

A simple answer would be that in respect of  GYAna vRtti , AtmA is the
vishaya and hence is not the sAxi.

There was a discussion here on akhandAkAra vritti a few years back. You may
like to refer to that for further clarity. The link for the same is copied
below

<< https://www.advaita-vedanta.org/archives/advaita-l/2015-June/038717.html

I hope I have clarified your doubt.

Regards