[Advaita-l] The fifth Veda

KAMESWARARAO MULA kamesh_ccmb at yahoo.co.in
Fri May 31 13:16:47 EDT 2019

Dear sudhakar ji,                             I learnt many things from my grand father  that 'Ramayana is called as 'Panchama Veda' and he used to do only the 'Rama'-Mantra.The Ramcharitamanas : The Ramcharitmanas, a 17th-century retelling of the story of the Ramayana in Awadhi, which is often called the "Fifth Veda" or "Hindi Veda" in northern India, and is viewed by devotees as equalling or superseding the four canonical Vedas in authority and sanctity as the text for the Kali Yuga.
Akhand Ramayan Paath: Akhand Ramayan Path is continuous recital of the entire ‘Shri Ram Charitra Manas’ without any break for 24 hours. The entire text includes seven kaands i.e. Baalkand, Ayodhyakand,  Aranyakand,  Kishkindhakand,  Sundarkand,  Yuddhakand/Lankakand and Uttarkand, each of the kaands depicts different stages and leelas of lord shree Ram. Performing this path brings auspiciousness and removes obstacles in ones life.

This paath can be performed by doing puja starting with Gauri Ganesh kalash puja, and the path is read anybody who can able read the text accompanied by the team of people playing dholak, manjeera and other instruments for kirtans and bhajans in the praise of lord Shri Ram and his life teachings for getting the blessings and having a peaceful life.

Akhand Ramayan path at home can be performed during Ramnavmi, Diwali, Navratri, Before going to a new house or any auspicious days.

Akhand Ramayan Paath Importance :Listening this path brings out truth, courage and righteousness among the karta, Protects against any danger form evil forces, Brings success when starting a new activity, Akhand Ramayan Path brings happiness and prosperity in the family.
In the place where I am staying this Akhand Ramayan Paath is happening since last 25 years round the clock by a group of some 35-50 people supported by a committee. It was an excellent thing to listen those chantings  when ever you get the opportunity and it was  part of my daily duty.
Sri Guru Padaravindarpana MastuKameswara