[Advaita-l] A POINT

sreenivasa murthy narayana145 at yahoo.co.in
Thu May 9 22:35:04 EDT 2019

Dear friends,   Here  is  an  excerpt  which  clearly  reflects  the
present condition prevailing in the so  called  traditional  teachingof  Advaita  Vedanta.This is my personal  observation who has  studiedVedanta  at the  feet  of  my  Revered  Guru  whobased  his  teaching  on  Sri  Shankara's  commentaries.Quote:
Systems are definitely not what this is about. Manythink it is. What it is about is the direct and non-conceptual comprehension ofyour real nature.

Intellectuals often try to integrate andsystematize the “teachings” into some type of coherent system to satisfy theconceptual mind. Of course, this activity is very far from the intention of thepointers. The various systems and their interminable conflicts are the resultof this activity. The discussion about, and attempted resolution of, theseintellectually created conflicts is generally what is termed “philosophy”.Non-dual traditions also end up (in some circles) spawning this philosophicalactivity.
                                   [John Wheeler]
Unquote.I have posted this posting seeing  the type of subject
matters  and the  discussions  that  are  going  on at present.
I  completely agree  with  the  above  statementsof Sri John Wheeler.

I may  please  be  pardoned.With respectful namaskars,Sreenivasa Murthy