[Advaita-l] Whether darkness is bhava - Vivarana Prameya Samgraha of Shri Vidyaranya

V Subrahmanian v.subrahmanian at gmail.com
Thu May 9 22:09:28 EDT 2019

In continuation of the mail below, we can conclude that 'anything that is
experienced is a positive, bhAvarUpa, entity.'  Even the abhava that is
cognized by the anupalabdhi pramana is a positive entity. Only hare's horn
type of atyanta abhava, tuccha, entities can't be a positive entity because
they are not experienced by the help of any pramana. Thus the deciding
factor for something to be a bhAvarupa entity is its experiencability.

regards
subbu