[Advaita-l] Whether darkness is bhava - Vivarana Prameya Samgraha of Shri Vidyaranya

Venkatesh Murthy vmurthy36 at gmail.com
Mon May 6 11:40:57 EDT 2019

Namaste

If you think deeply 100% Darkness is not bad like half Darkness. If it is
100% Dark you cannot see anything. You cannot see the snake even if it is
real. You cannot see the rope.

But in Half Darkness with a weak Light you start to see illusions. You see
a rope as a snake. You see a pillar as a man. And so on.

Zero Knowledge is not dangerous. A baby may try to play with a snake
because it has zero knowledge of snake. But half knowledge and incomplete
knowledge may cause fear in a man. Expert snake charmer has full knowledge
of snake and its moves and he is not afraid.

On Mon, May 6, 2019 at 8:57 PM Sudhanshu Shekhar via Advaita-l <

Regards

-Venkatesh