[Advaita-l] Is difference known by perception?

Praveen R. Bhat bhatpraveen at gmail.com
Mon May 6 06:04:24 EDT 2019

Namaste Venkatji,

On Mon, May 6, 2019 at 12:05 PM Venkatraghavan S <agnimile at gmail.com> wrote:

> Thank you. Hope that opportunity arises - for both of us!

I fit in as a reader, if that. :-)

> Re your point on role of Shruti in dvaita, both dvaita and advaita agree
> that Shruti reveals what pratyaksha does not / cannot reveal.
>
> Similar to our प्रत्यक्षेण अनुमित्या वा यस्तूपायो न बुध्यते। एनं विन्दति
> वेदेन तस्मात् वेदस्य वेदता।
>
> Where we differ is that where pratyaksha and Shruti are in conflict, they
> hold that pratyaksha will prevail.

Precisely why Vedas cannot be revealing dvaita. And if they conclude dvaita
despite Shruti, their way cannot be categorised as Vedanta as their main
source is not Upanishad.

Kind rgds,
--Praveen R. Bhat
/* येनेदं सर्वं विजानाति, तं केन विजानीयात्। Through what should one know That
owing to which all this is known! [Br.Up. 4.5.15] */