[Advaita-l] Whether darkness is bhava - Vivarana Prameya Samgraha of Shri Vidyaranya

Bhaskar YR bhaskar.yr at in.abb.com
Mon May 6 02:04:56 EDT 2019

You meet a friend after lunch hour. You ask him Did you have lunch? He says No. You know one thing is true. If he is hungry at lunch hour AND food is available means he will always have lunch. If he is not hungry he will not have lunch. If food is not available he will not have lunch. But now he is saying he did not have lunch. What is the reason? It can be he is not hungry at lunch hour OR food was not available. This is DeMorgan's Law.
Have Lunch = Hungry AND Food Available
Not Have Lunch = Not Hungry OR Not Food Available

praNAms
Hare Krishna

Are you replying to my request / query  ??  If yes, I am lost again !!!  Could anyone explain me in simple layman terms without giving the complicated Laws like above to explain darkness & light (vidyAvidya).  BTW, during the audit period / excessive  work pressure  from my ever demanding boss during month beginning / end I do have to skip my lunch sometimes though hungry and food is available at canteen  during my lunch time 😊  I don’t know which law would explain this scenario.

Hari Hari Hari Bol!!!
bhaskar