[Advaita-l] Is difference known by perception?

Praveen R. Bhat bhatpraveen at gmail.com
Mon May 6 00:33:50 EDT 2019

Namaste Venkatji,

Thanks for another wonderful presentation of a segment from AS. I have not
been able to follow your series at all, but I do hope that at the end of it
all, you do publish it as a book (hard-copy, of course). I'd be very
interested to buy the same as it seems very unlikely that I'll be able to
study AS before that!

On Fri, May 3, 2019 at 4:41 PM Venkatraghavan S via Advaita-l <

> Other schools of philosophy argue that this universal identity is incorrect
> - arguing that difference is known either directly through perception, or
> through inference, or by presumption (arthApatti). In this context, an
> interesting discussion arises in the Advaita Siddhi, borrowing heavily from
> the ideas outlined in the khaNDanakhaNDakhAdya of Sriharsha.
>
> We will consider the first proposition - that difference is known through
> perception - in this email.

This dvaita-pUrvapakSha again brings me back to the question I have
oft-asked that when pratyakSha proves dvaita to them, in their view what
exactly is shruti pramANa for and how does their take qualify as Vedanta!

Kind rgds,
--Praveen R. Bhat
That owing to which all this is known! [Br.Up. 4.5.15] */