[Advaita-l] Is difference known by perception?

Venkatraghavan S agnimile at gmail.com
Sat May 4 04:40:17 EDT 2019

Errata:
1) निवृत्तावद्व्याम्नायै: in the KKK verse should be निवृत्तावद्वयाम्नायै:

सुदूरधावनश्रान्ता बाधबुद्धिपरम्परा |
निवृत्तावद्वयाम्नायै: पार्ष्णिग्राहैर्विजीयते ||

2) The first sentence in the third paragraph above the aforementioned verse
should be (missing words in the original highlighted):

"To avoid this, *let us assume* that the difference exists, but there is no
need to know it. That is, the difference-cognition is different to the
difference and to the pair of objects whose difference it reveals, but
there is no need for another cognition to reveal such a difference.
However, then what is to say that the cognition has difference as its
object and therefore it is valid?"

Kind regards,
Venkatraghavan