[Advaita-l] Fwd: SIDDHANTA KAUMADI

Raghav Kumar Dwivedula raghavkumar00 at gmail.com
Thu May 2 11:28:36 EDT 2019

Namaste Bhaskarji
I assume you are just joking. Because I have not seen any advaitin claim
that objects like chairs and tables have a greater degree of reality than
Ganesha etc. If you have any quotation by anyone to the effect that "chairs
etc have vyAvahArika sattA while Ganesha does not being purely imaginary or
derived and hence not available for any transactions ", kindly quote it.

 Because in Brahma sutras devatAdhikaraNam, bhAShyakAra has asserted that
devatAs are vigrahavantaH and that in earlier times some riShis etc could
directly communicate with them .

Maybe you are implying DSV, but even there chairs etc., are of the same
sattA as devatAs.

Om
Raghav