[Advaita-l] SIDDHANTA KAUMADI

KAMESWARARAO MULA kamesh_ccmb at yahoo.co.in
Thu May 2 01:27:44 EDT 2019

Dear Sir,             I may not be correct as you said but swamiji quoted this as a reference in his book on 'lekha sangraha'. As you said he menioned Panini sutra no. 5468 in the chapter ganesha vigyana to know how ganesha was derived and rebirth arises.
 Sudhanshuji: Definetly 'Ganesha' is an abstract concept only.

Before that he wrote a chapter on 'Re-birth' in which he mentioned various things and quoted siddhanta kaumadi has its reference. May be he might have used that to its interpretation.
However, I am keen to study 'siddhanta kaumadi' in detail, pls suggest any books for its interpretation. Kameswara

    On Thursday, 2 May 2019 10:26 AM, Jaldhar H. Vyas <jaldhar at braincells.com> wrote:

 On Thu, 2 May 2019, KAMESWARARAO MULA via Advaita-l wrote:

>SiddhantaKaumadi talks about the rebirth of the physical body after death
>to fulfillmentof the results of the action of previous life.

Are you sure?  The Siddhanta Kaumudi I know is on vyakarana (Sanskrit
grammar.)  It is a rearrangement of Paninis' Sutras by Bhattoji Dikshita.
His disciple Varadaraja Bhatta abridged the S.K. into Madhyama, Laghu, and
Sara Siddhanta Kaumudis the middle of which is the standard introduction
to Vyakarana amongst Pandits.  I have learned it too.

> Ifany body having the interpretation or Bhasya of the ‘Siddhanta
> Kaumudi’, plssend me a pdf copy or book source so that I can read its
> details.

Bhattoji Dikshita himself wrote a commentary called Praudha Manorama and
Bala Manorama, Tattvabodhini etc. are also well known.  But I don't think
you will find much adhyatmik content there.  You must be thinking of
another book with a similar title.  Perhaps Siddhanta Bindu by Swami
Madhusudana Saraswati which is an elaborate commentary on Shankaracharyas
Dashashloki?