[Advaita-l] Two Advaitic verses with a profound combined purport

Bhaskar YR bhaskar.yr at in.abb.com
Wed Mar 27 03:57:55 EDT 2019

still, we can never say jIva is  mithyA whereas we can definitely say jagat is mithyA , unlike the jIva.

praNAms Sri Raghava prabhuji
Hare Krishna

I don’t know why we should not call jeeva is mithyA when jeevatva is existing only due to upAdhi saMbandha like in jagat, jagat is existing as jagat due to nAma rUpa.  If the jagat is mithyA due to its nAma rUpa svAtrayantata, jeeva also mithya due to his association with upAdhi.  For that matter as you know there is no separate Chaitanya that can be called as jeeva.  So jeeva too kevala parikalpitaM due to chaitanya's association with upAdhi.  paramArthatastu na jeevO nAma budhupAdhisaMbandha parikalpita svarUpavyaterekeNa asti.  Na hi nityamukta svarUpAt sarvajnAdi IshwarAt ananyaschetanO dhAturdviteeya vedAntArtha nirUpaNAyAm upalabhyate says bhAshyakAra, if the jeeva's Chaitanya is satyam, likewise jagat in its kAraNa svarUpa satyameva, if the jagat as such with nAma rUpa is mithya, jeeva too with upADhi saMbandha mithyameva.

Hari Hari Hari Bol!!!
bhaskar