[Advaita-l] Question about Sri Vidyaranya's JMV & jnani matra

Bhaskar YR bhaskar.yr at in.abb.com
Wed Mar 27 03:35:37 EDT 2019

praNAms
Hare Krishna

I think by mistake you might have written to my mail ID directly.   Hence marking it to group as well :

I suppose we are not really talking about the jnani but about an arbitrary set of BMI which the onlookers have called "the jnani's BMI" -- it is that which alone (and which does not really exist) that can have different qualities of prarabhda.

Ø     By this time you might have read how jnAni indeed have his own set of indriya-s and identifying it as his due to his prArabdha and as a result having the avidyAlesha in the form of rAga-dvesha.  But note, this is not mere onlookers observation, it is indeed the sorry state of jnAni even after realization.

In Guru Vachaka Kovai, Ramana says: "To the eyes of those [ignorant people] who are deluded by the sense of doership [kartritva], the Sahaja Jnani, who lives transcending even the sattva-guna, may sometimes appear like one who has much deceptive rajo-guna. On account of that, do not doubt [their Jnana, because the rajo-guna is merely a reflection of the rajasic thoughts of the onlooker]."

Ø     Thanks for quoting this.  But we have seen here from the socalled traditional camp??  The jnAni has tamO guNa pradhAna rAga-dvesha, completely ignoring his svarUpa is triguNAteeta, infact, krishna asks arjuna nishtraiguNyO bhavArjuna but what we are seeing here is jnAni with rAga-dvesha, To say the least,  the tumor like avidyA lesha  is really a poor joke on paramArtha jnAni who transcended the triguNa.  People often forget the bhAshyakAra vachana that even if a person has an iota of avidyA  in the form of asarvAtma bhAva then that avasthA called as avidyAvasthA.  But nowadays, we are comfortably attributing avidyA to even samyak jnAni.

Hari Hari Hari Bol!!!
bhaskar