[Advaita-l] The Trimurti-s appear and disappear in every kalpa - The Parasara Dharma Samhita

ravi chandrasekhara vadhula at yahoo.com
Sun Mar 10 15:05:20 EDT 2019

 Namaste,
A few points;
1.As opposed to Vishnu and Siva, Brahma is a temporary post like Indra, etc. Hanuman is to be the next Brahma. Is Saraswati also temporaRY ?
2.Why we don't formally worship Brahma ? I know the puraanic stories. But is it arthavaada ? Did Siva really cut of Brahma's head ? If so, which Brahma and which kalpa ?
3.What is Siva's positon as per Smarthas ? I heard Sri Vaishnavas say Siva is Baddha Jivatma,

Pranam,Ravi Chandrasekhara    On Sunday, March 10, 2019, 1:16:53 AM CST, Jaldhar H. Vyas via Advaita-l <advaita-l at lists.advaita-vedanta.org> wrote:

 On Sat, 9 Mar 2019, V Subrahmanian via Advaita-l wrote:

> Sayanacharya (Madhavacharya) has commented on this text elaborately and the
> same is available in multiple volumes.

Sayanacharya and Madhavacharya were actually two brothers.  Out of respect
for his older brother, Madhavacharya often signs his works as
Sayanamadhava which is why they are often confused together.
Sayanacharya is of course the authoritative commentator on all the Veda
shakhas.  Madhavacharya is the authour of the aforementioned Parashara
Madhaviyam and Kala Madhava on jyotisha,Sarvadarshanasangraha, a
compendium of all nastika and astika philosophies then extent, Jaiminiya
Nyayamala and Vaiyasika Nyayamala which are epitomes in verse on each
adhikarana of the Purva Mimamsa and Vedanta sutras respectively along with
tikas called Vistara on each, Madhaviya Shankaradigvijaya on the life of
Shankaracharya and Madhvaviya dhatuvrtti on Paninis' dhatupatha in
Vyakarana.

The brothers were also responsible for the foundation of the Vijayanagara
empire.

The brothers were the disciples of Swami Vidyatirtha and Bharatitirtha of
Shrngeri.  Madhavacharya succeeded them at the peetham under the name
Swami Vidyaranya who is celebrated as the author of important Advaitic
works such as Vivaranaprameyasangrah on the Vivarana interpretation of the
Brahmasutrabhashya, Jivanamuktiviveka on the nature of jivanmukti,
and Panchadashi amongst others.  In these works too he often ascribed
joint authorship to his guru Swami Bharatitirtha.  (There also some
Shrividya works ascribed to Vidyaranya though some scholars dispute that
it is the same person.)