[Advaita-l] On the need for the jivanmukta to "act"

KAMESWARARAO MULA kamesh_ccmb at yahoo.co.in
Fri Mar 8 05:46:32 EST 2019

Dear Sir,           Excellent views & discussion bySh.Jaladhar & BhaskarJi.
"PrArabdhakarma of the jnAni is the driving force”- for a Jivanmukta to act.
Thosewho know that what is to be experienced by them in this life is only what isalready destined in their prarabdha will never feel perturbed about what is tobe experienced. Know that all one's experiences will be thrust upon one whetherone wills them or not.The only freedom man has is tostrive for and acquire the jnana which will enable him not to identify himselfwith the body. The body will go through the actions rendered inevitable byprarabdha and a man is free either to identify himself with the body and beattached to the fruits of its actions, or to be detached from it and be a merewitness of its activities. (Ramana Maharshi)
Traditionaladvaita by Sankaracharya teaches that jnani by his realization, have transcended agami and sanchita karma,but continue to experience prarabdha karma until their body dies. Thatis to say, the karma that has accumulated in the past which produces rebirthand suffering has ended, meaning that there will be no more births, but thedestiny of the body in this life (the prarabdha karma) has to continueuntil the body dies. That means Jnani retains 'Prarabda'.

But Ramana Maharshi says that:ifone knows oneself to be the Self, then all three of the karmas might have ended. Prarabdha will never fail to take its course in the case of a body that has beenborn to exhaust it. But the jivanmukta who has severed the chit-jadaknot, and thereby become distinct from the body, can transcend prarabdha.
pls put your view's cordially

Sri Guru Padaravindarapana MastuKameswara