[Advaita-l] Moksha swaroopam - A short talk in Sanskrit by Dr.K.S.Maheswaran

V Subrahmanian v.subrahmanian at gmail.com
Tue Jun 25 13:29:57 EDT 2019

On Tue, Jun 25, 2019 at 10:02 PM Praveen R. Bhat via Advaita-l <

> On Mon, Jun 24, 2019 at 11:57 PM V Subrahmanian via Advaita-l <
>
> > This 13 minutess Video of Dr Maheshwaran is taken for those who prepare
> for
> > UGC Net Exam. In this video Dr. K.S. Maheshwaran talks about idea of
> > "Moksha" according to Advaita, Dvaita and Vishishtadvaita.
> >
> > https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4_L4lrHybUI&feature=youtu.be
> >

> Thanks for this nice talk, Subbuji. I was hoping to see some quotations of
> Upanishad mantras, based on which Dvaita and Vishishtadvaita concludes so
> on the mokShasvarUpa; he quoted mantras only for Advaita. I have left a
> comment requesting the same there as well.

Dear Praveen ji,

Dvaitins cited this Chandogya 8.12.3 mantra स तत्र पर्येति जक्षत्क्रीडन्
रममाणः स्त्रीभिर्वा यानैर्वा ज्ञातिभिर्वा...

which means 'the mukta enjoys bhogas such as eating, merry making, enjoying
with women, vehicles, relatives, etc..'

This they quote as pramana for 1.There being bhoga in moksha, 2.There being
multiplicity in moksha 3.There being gender differences in moksha.

Shankara Bhagavatpada has concluded that this mantra is arthavada show that
there is no duhkha in moksha.

For taratamya in moksha ananda the ananda meemamsa mantras are shown.

Vishishtadvaitins also cite such Taittiriya mantras for bheda in moksha.  I
had posted here a talk in Sanskrit by an aged scholar of that school that
cites such mantras.

regards
subbu