[Advaita-l] Partlessness of Brahman and Maya

Sudhanshu Shekhar sudhanshu.iitk at gmail.com
Tue Jun 18 11:45:03 EDT 2019

Exceptional Venkataraghavan ji,

Could you give me any reference wherein guNa-s, sattva, rajas, tamas of
sAmkhya, are held as nirguNa-s explicitly.

Can niravayatva itself be held to be sufficient to proclaim nirguNatva? I
think you are using this in case of SAmkhya guNa. I may be wrong. Pl cite
reference for nirguNatva of guNas. That will solve many issues for me.

I am not that interested for nyAya guNas. Though I would like your view
regarding the usage of word nirguNa in Vedanta. Does it have nyAya-guNa
connotation or sAmkhya-guNa connotation or both?

Regards.
Sudhanshu.