[Advaita-l] Rudra Pasupathi Nayanar

V Subrahmanian v.subrahmanian at gmail.com
Mon Jun 17 09:50:50 EDT 2019

On Mon, Jun 17, 2019 at 5:59 PM Venkata sriram P via Advaita-l <

> I follow the path of 'nAma-siddhAnta'.  Discrimination between Siva &
> Vishnu is the
> most gruesome sin and considered to be the first among 'nAma-aparAdhA'.
>
> श्रीश-ईशयोः अभेदः is the 1st aspect that is taught.

In the AshTottara shata 108 names composed by Jagadguru Sri Bharati Tirtha
swaminah for his Guru Jagadguru Sri Abhinava Vidyatirtha Swaminah, this one
nAma is:

श्रीशेशभेदरहिताय नमः   [One who has no idea of differentiation between
Sreesha (Vishnu) and Isha (Shiva).

This theme is found consistently in the Acharyas of the tradition
commencing from Shankaracharya. A study of Shankaracharya's works such as
the Vishnu sahasra nama bhashya, the Prapanchasara, etc. specifically and
the prasthana traya bhashya implicitly bring out this theme.

warm regards
subbu