[Advaita-l] Clarification regarding Nitya and Naimittika Karma

KAMESWARARAO MULA kamesh_ccmb at yahoo.co.in
Wed Jun 12 10:59:58 EDT 2019

"However, I wanted to know as to whether there is
any evidence in form of Shastra or Bhashya vakya which enjoins animal
killing in Nitya or Naimittika Karma"
Yes, this type of Naimittika Kamra is prescribed in Shastra and it was performed in my village when I wan infant. It is not the Nitya karma but, it belongs to Naimittika Karma to please the god's.
It was performed before 1980's ( By the Yagnika Brahammana's of the Krishna Distirct of Andhra Pradesh) which they call it 'CHAINAM' in telugu.What they did was they tied the animal (e.g: Goat) for the Yupasthamba and literally closes the all the openings of the animal with the prakriya's and which goes as chinam. The animal was literally cries/shouts and will not allow you to take to that Yagnasala, but surprisingly after it was tied to the yupasthamba, it keeps quite, enjoys the heavenly freedom.
More over, after completion of the all the rituals as per the prakarana, a small portion of meat  from the brain (by piercing) was kept in that Yagna fire and taken by those  yagnika's and it was about to finish i.e during the purnahuti , a heavy down fall of rain was witnessed by all my family members pleased by indra/varuna/agni & all the corner gods(astadikpalaka's).
This was narrated several times to me by all the people of that village and I don't think any body exists who can perform that type of skilled yagna, however we can easily get those texts if interested by contacting those people.
Sri Guru Padaravindarpana MastuKameswara