[Advaita-l] Is the eternity and apaurusheyatva of Vedas a me

Bhaskar YR bhaskar.yr at in.abb.com
Tue Jun 11 05:54:47 EDT 2019

It is true that Knowledge is embedded is known to be aporusheyam ........................

Just as we are breathing unconsciously and exhaling the breath without any external thrust which is called 'reflex action', similarly, the 'vedas' are the breath of Ishwara that has a certain 'wave-pattern'.  That is the 'Reflex Action' of Ishwara which even shruti says as "यस्य निश्वसितं वेदाः".

Hence, अपौरुषेयः.

praNAms Sri Sriram prabhuji
Hare Krishna

I reckon I don’t have to repeat the objection that skeptical mind raise on this stand.  He would ask what is the pramANa for the IshwarAstitva we say shAstra is the pramANa and again he will ask what is the proof with regard to vedas' apaurusheyatva you are bringing in exhalation of Ishwara ( yasya nishvAsitaM vedAH) which has been mentioned in veda !!??  Hence your stand carries anyOnyAshraya dOsha.  Apart, not only veda, here in this up. Ishwara exhaled something else as well 😊 shankara bhAshya clarifies that something else as well as part of veda but again does not go well with logically inclined minds.  Being the vaidika mArga followers within the boundaries of tradition, most of us  unconditionally agree all this but that obligation is not there for others who openly evaluate these claims.

Hari Hari Hari Bol!!!
bhaskar