[Advaita-l] Is the eternity and apaurusheyatva of Vedas a me

Sudhanshu Shekhar sudhanshu.iitk at gmail.com
Fri Jun 7 10:01:12 EDT 2019

Namaste Sivasenani Nori ji,

Completely in tune with what you said. However, just a couple of
clarifications:-

//Vedapraamaanya does not necessarily require Apaurusheyatva//.

1. I understand that there are other systems which accept the pramanya of
Vedas without considering them apaurusheya. Do you find their acceptance
logical?

2. Statements such "By jyotishtoma one gets swarg" and the logic used by
Bhashyakara in Brahma Sutra 3.1.25 do not appear to place Vedic statements
as certain kind of axioms required for presentations of a formal system.
They rather appear to be statements having their own validity. They neither
intend to prove anything nor do they require any other thing for their own
proof.

Regards.
Sudhanshu.

On Fri 7 Jun, 2019, 19:16 Siva Senani Nori via Advaita-l, <