[Advaita-l] The significance of metaphorical meditations in various Upanishads

Akilesh Ayyar ayyar at akilesh.com
Tue Jun 4 09:07:53 EDT 2019

Very interesting points, Bhaskarji.

Only it's notable that when the Upanishads were first taught, and for many
centuries thereafter, the presumed students would be those few mentioned in
that Gita passage you cite who had come to the guru to deliberately strive
for God, no? Were the Upanishadic passages ever taught to the masses?
Perhaps my history is off... I am not sure.