[Advaita-l] Mantra Japa during grahana.

KAMESWARARAO MULA kamesh_ccmb at yahoo.co.in
Fri Jul 19 18:11:27 EDT 2019

Clarification for Regarding the Changing of Jenev (Jandhyam) after Grahana:
I was told several times to change the Jenev immediately  i.e next day after the Grahanam day was over. It seems we can't perform the next days sandhya i.e surya arghya pradhan without changing the jeneve as per our customs.
Day before yesterday, i called my home and Said " Can we change the jeneve on Sravana pournami (Jandhyala pournami), this year Aug 15 as the date is ver nearer & I thought why to do two changes in shorter time intervels,  I was told it is not possible, I need to change it immediately in a day or two(with out tuesday/saturday) to perform the next days regular sandhya. When I asked for some sastra praam, they don't have answer except with some explanation for the 'asoucha for Jeneve' similar to aparakamra or going to burial ground.
Learned members, pls comment on your customs for changing the genev after the grahanakal , what is prescribed in sastra about this?what is to be followed ? pls advice methodologically.
I also want to know where the sastra mentioned for the procedure to change the genev & its methods/
Sri Guru Padaravindarpana MastuKameswara