[Advaita-l] Bhaagavata khandanam

Bhaskar YR bhaskar.yr at in.abb.com
Fri Jul 19 02:58:49 EDT 2019

This is not just one article refuting the idea that the Srimadbhagavatam is not the 'real' Bhagavatam but the Devi Bhagavatam is the true Bhagavatam composed by Veda Vyasa.  There is a popular opinion that the former is a much later work, attributed to one 'Vopadeva.'

praNAms
Hare Krishna

Yes, I heard the same from late Sri Lakshmi Narayana Murthy of APK.  When I asked why there is no quote about bhAgavata in shankara bhAshya he said it is much later work was not there during shankara's time.  And devi bhAgavata is much older which can be said vyAsa virachita going by the style and language usage etc.  But it does not mean we are belittling the importance of krishna bhAgavata.

Hari Hari Hari Bol!!!
bhaskar