[Advaita-l] Mantra Japa during grahana.

Bhaskar YR bhaskar.yr at in.abb.com
Wed Jul 17 07:10:35 EDT 2019

praNAms
Hare Krishna

Answer is Yes, We have to see all these from the Vedanta Perspective  rather than blindly following Traditional practices. There is one extraordinarily expert since 100 yrs in Shivagama shastra namely Gauripati Shastri ji in a village called 'Bhatnavilli' of Godavari district and it seems he recently left his mortal coil by making his sons, grand sons as experts in that field. They only performs, Shiva linga girnodhharana, kalyanam, rudara homam ..etc in our sivalaya temple since many years. I will try to get some information for Pramana  for this Grahana Kala Malina of the temple from them.

> Thanks, I am more particular to know how deity / deva / devata get dirty during grahaNa.

However, my experience with my grand father says that: he used to insists me to keep  the Kusa agra i.e Darbha in the puja mandira of the house and as well also on dhanyagara, Store house (long kept pickles). I asked why so? He said to me that Darbha is always auspicious as it was borned from mother mitti matruka. Even it is ever pure than the 'Grutham' (Ghee). So he says in the Grahana Kala we never know, any negative energies (Rakshasa Gana's), may enters the house easily  as they were  very active during that period. As Rahu, ketu are belongs to Asura's class initially, so after seeing the darbhas in the house, they will not dare to live or continue to present there due to the purity of the house by the presence of the darbhas.

>  Yes, this is followed at my home as well.  Yesterday, overhead tank, sump, all groceries, vegetable basket, inside fridge including TV, music system, devatAgAra etc. completely darbha maya.  I dare not to question my wife about pUja room and idols malinatvaM due to grahaNa, at home I promptly follow whatever she says.  As you know, being  gruhastha, we need peace of mind at home 😊

Hari Hari Hari Bol!!!
bhaskar