[Advaita-l] The Viraat form of Brahman as per Panchadashi - ref to BG 11th ch.

Raghav Kumar Dwivedula raghavkumar00 at gmail.com
Mon Jul 8 07:20:26 EDT 2019

On Mon 8 Jul, 2019, 8:41 AM V Subrahmanian via Advaita-l, <

> The Viraat form of Brahman as per Panchadashi - ref to BG 11th ch.
>
> In the Panchadashi, 6th chapter, Swami Vidyaranya has given a detailed
> picture of creation. The sequence is: from kaaraNam to sUkshma kaaryam to
> sthUla kaaryam.

ईशसूत्रविराट्वेधोविष्णुरुद्रएन्द्रवह्नयः ।
> विघ्नभैरवमैरालमारिका यक्षराक्षसाः ॥ २०६॥
> विप्रक्षत्रियविट्शूद्रा गवाश्वमृगपक्षिणः ।
> अश्वत्थवटचूताद्या यववृहितृणादयः ॥ २०७॥
> जलपाषाणमृत्काष्ठवास्याकुद्दालकादयः ।
> ईश्वराः सर्व एवैते पूजिताः फलदायिनः ॥ २०८॥

Namaste Subbuji

Thank you for that post.
That's the amazing vision of Ishvara who can be worshipped in different
ways starting with the exalted celestial forms like Shiva etc., down to
chisels and axes which too are valid as locii for worship. (As in the
aayudha Pooja during the autumn festival  for example.) This is something
about Hinduism which is wrongly understood, perhaps even deliberately
misrepresented, as 'idolatry' and 'heathen' methods of worship. The correct
perspective is that all-pervading formless Ishvara alone is worshipped but
by taking the help of forms. We don't worship idols - we worship Ishvara.
This is so obvious to people who have connexion with the Vedic vision but
seems incomprehensible to those indoctrinated by the historical belief
systems.

Om
Raghav

यथा यथोपासते तं फलमीयुस्तथा तथा ।