[Advaita-l] Fw:

H S Chandramouli hschandramouli at gmail.com
Thu Jan 31 03:52:53 EST 2019

Namaste Raghav Ji,

Reg  << This verse in the context of panchadashi seems to be a more general
statement than one that is about sRShTi alone viz., 'jIvam Isham Jagad vA
api samAshritya avabodhayet' etc. I don't have Sri Ramakrishna's vyAkhyA on
this/these verse(s). Would they shed any more light on them? >>,

Context of  Panchadahi Verse 8-73 << yayA yayA bhavEtpumsAm…..>>  is sRShti
 only. The scope of sRShTi  is elaborated  in the verse you have cited
above, verse 8-72 << 'jIvam Isham Jagad vA
api samAshritya avabodhayet >> and  includes  all the three entities jIva,
Iswara and jagat.

TIka of Sri Modak on verse 73 cites, amongst other things,  the different
prakriyAs   AbhAsavAda,pratibimbavAda and avachEdavAda in this regard.
Interestingly, while Sri Anandagiri Acharya interprets the term “ iha “ in
the second line of verse 73 to mean “in conformity with shrutis”  << इहेति
श्रौतमार्गोक्तिः ।>>  << iheti shrautamArgoktiH | >>,  Sri Modak interprets
the same term “iha” in the corresponding verse 73 to mean “advaita shatra”
<< इहाद्वैतशास्त्रे >>  << ihAdvaitashAstre >>, thus excluding even
vishishtAdvaita and dvaita sidhAntAs, let alone other nonshAstrAic
postulates.

Link for Panchadashi with commentaries of Sri Ramakrishna and Sri
Achyutaraya Modak

<< https://archive.org/details/PanchadashiModakaTika >>

Regards

On Wed, Jan 30, 2019 at 12:42 AM Raghav Kumar Dwivedula via Advaita-l <

> Namaste Subbuji
> This verse in the context of panchadashi seems to be a more general
> statement than one that is about sRShTi alone viz., 'jIvam Isham Jagad vA
> api samAshritya avabodhayet' etc. I don't have Sri Ramakrishna's vyAkhyA on
> this/these verse(s). Would they shed any more light on them?
>
> Thank you
> Om
> Raghav
>
> अवाङ्मनसगम्यं तं श्रुतिर्बोधयितुं सदा ।
> जीवमीशं जगद्वापि समाश्रित्यावबोधयेत् ॥ ७१॥

<https://www.avast.com/en-in/recommend?utm_medium=email&utm_source=link&utm_campaign=sig-email&utm_content=webmail&utm_term=default3&tag=c38b8036-11b2-4cda-8073-9f1b65c98183>
I’m
protected online with Avast Free Antivirus. Get it here — it’s free forever.
<https://www.avast.com/en-in/recommend?utm_medium=email&utm_source=link&utm_campaign=sig-email&utm_content=webmail&utm_term=default3&tag=c38b8036-11b2-4cda-8073-9f1b65c98183>
<#DAB4FAD8-2DD7-40BB-A1B8-4E2AA1F9FDF2>