[Advaita-l] {भारतीयविद्वत्परिषत्} श्रुतिराम गुरुकुलम् - By Dr.Rangan ji

V Subrahmanian v.subrahmanian at gmail.com
Fri Jan 25 04:37:25 EST 2019

There has to be a change of heart.  Loukika-s should come forward to send
their sons for full time vedic education and give their daughters to
vedic/sanskrit scholars. Here is a post that I had shared last year:
May 8, 2018
<https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=2101127836567233&set=a.697484646931566&type=3>

An inspiring Madhva Dampati

On the occasion of the Dvaita-Advaita vakyartha vichara goshThi at the
Bhandarkere MaTha, Bangalore, recently I had the good fortune of coming
into contact with an elderly, pious, traditionally dressed to the core,
Madhva dampati. After observing the duo's activity, behaviour, mannerisms,
etc. I began a conversation with them. The first pleasant shocker was that
they are a practicing Chartered Accountant couple in Coimbatore. Naturally
they were extremely fluent in Tamizh. They are very affable. The second
'shocker' came when she pointed to two equally traditionally attired young
women among a group of females in the assembly, and said: 'these are my two
daughters.* The girls, who had passed the CA entrance exam, expressed their
desire to have traditional scholars as their partners. We acceded to their
preference and married them off to two Madhva traditional scholars who are
Sudha-pandits.' *Both those scholars were present in the closed circle of
scholars who were engaged in the debate. Upon my asking what had inspired
the girls to choose this kind of wedded life, the mother said that it could
be the influence of Sri......... a certain Madhva pontiff who was highly
respected by the family. The pious couple is also very philanthropic that
they involve themselves in several noble causes, one among them being
sponsoring such scholarly meets, not once, but several times in a year.
Their dedication to their faith is very laudable. Her daughters could be
seen to be bringing up their children too in the same life style conducive
to traditional Madhva upbringing. I was overwhelmed by the couple's ways
and expressed my appreciation to them. They kindly permitted me to take a
picture of them.

What stands out as a very great lesson to be imbibed from the couple is:
people should come forward to give their daughters in marriage to
traditional scholars, those who have done veda adhyayanam, those employed
as veda / shaastra adhyapakas, archakas, etc. Only then there will be the
perpetuation and propagation of the Vedic ideals of our great Bharata
Bhoomi.

On Fri, Jan 25, 2019 at 2:12 PM H S Chandramouli via Advaita-l <