[Advaita-l] SRIPADA SAPTHATHI - COMPILED BY NARAYANA BHATTATHRI

V Subrahmanian v.subrahmanian at gmail.com
Mon Feb 25 04:35:48 EST 2019

On Wed, Feb 20, 2019 at 5:42 AM Keshava Mahadeva via Advaita-l <

> Hi All,
>
> We are all aware of Narayaniyam done by NARAYANA BHATTATHRI. It was written
> by him to get himself healed from the disease he was suffering from.
>
> It is described that he was cured from his disease after he finished
> writing Narayaniyam. But still he was not fit for attaining Moksha. He was
> longing for Moksha. Guruvayoor Krishna came in his dream and asked him to
> goto Mukti Sthala in Kerala where SRIMATI DURGA DEVI resides.

A friend shared this in a whatsapp group:

Five Kilometers from my Home in Kerala is a Village called Mookuthala. This
is a Malayalification of the word Mukthisthala. Sri.Melpathur Narayana
Bhattathiripadu has spent long years in Guruvayur as a devotee of
Sri.Guruvayurappan. Legend has it that he suffered from depression and
Guruvayurappan came in a dream and instructed him to go to Muthisthala and
devote his prayers to the deity of that temple. Legend has it that he was
70 years old and hence he wrote 70 slokas dedicated to the Bhagavathi of
that temple. He passed away when he was 82 years or so. Importantly he was
completely cured of his depression by his devotion. Even now in Kerala
people do sit in Bhajana in Temples when they suffer in body or mind. And
many do get healing.🙏🙏

Mookuthala - Mukthisthala - Bhagavathi temple where Sri.Melpathur Narayana
Bhatthiripadu spend his his last severtal years.
https://tinyurl.com/y5pe4l4o

http://www.malappuraminfo.com/info/kannenkavu-bhagavathi-temple-mookuthala-changaramkulam

Kannenkavu Bhagavathi Temple Mookuthala Changaramkulam, A rare temple or
easily pleasing  ‘Badhrakaaly’ situated at cam nature. Ponnany thaluk at
Malapuram District  ‘Mookkuthala Kannenkavu  Bhagavathi Temple’ have much
more significance. The Significance temple is situated 2.5km distance
between Changaramkulam Town to the west of Puthanpally road, In the middle
of Kunnamkulam and Edappal at Thrissur – Calicut National Highway.

The time of ‘Swami Aadi Sankaracharya’, gives a new light to the world,
starts the wondering, at the age of ten while he crossing the river
‘Narindhi’. and move the north direction he was lead by a light in a thick
forest. He realizes the light is related to god. When he reach the light
source. The worship ‘Durga’ Bhagavathi to know more. Goddess appear before
him. He invoke the spirit and consecrate of an Idol. The Idol was Kannenkavu
Bhagavathi.

Address
Kannenkavu bhagavathy Temple
Pidavannur P.O. Mookuthala,