[Advaita-l] 'ShaNmata' is mentioned by Thyagaraja

V Subrahmanian v.subrahmanian at gmail.com
Fri Feb 15 00:47:18 EST 2019

On Fri, Feb 15, 2019 at 11:07 AM Venkata sriram P via Advaita-l <

> Namaste,
>
> Ironically, for Tyagabrahman, the sangeeta-pitAmaha Purandara Dasa was
> mAnasika-guru
> and held him in high esteem.

Sriram ji, is there any literary evidence within Thyagayya's compositions
to support the above thinking?  Has he mentioned Purandara Dasa by name or
implication in any of his kritis?  If it is mere legend, then we can't give
much importance to it.

regards
subbu