[Advaita-l] Tattvamasi - Advaita and Dvaita approach

Venkatesh Murthy vmurthy36 at gmail.com
Thu Feb 14 22:19:36 EST 2019

Namaste

One person in the video is arguing we can say Sa Atma Tat Tvam Asi and we
can also say Sa Atma Atat Tvam Asi because of Sanskrit Sandhi rules. True.
If we use Sandhi rules we can say Atat Tvam Asi. But what happens now? Atat
Tvam Asi is like saying Anatma Tvam Asi because he said Sa Atma and Atat
here means Not Atma. Anatma only.

What is Anatma? It is Deha and other Jada Vastu only. All philosophers are
trying to tell us You are not the body. Don't think narrowly like you are
only the body and become attached. You are not Jada Vastu. You are a Soul.
But Madhva is telling  us You are the body only. Nice teaching. Moreover
this is also same as Charvaka philosophy. They also say You are the body.
Enjoy life and good food and drink and embraces of women by taking loan if
you have no money to enjoy. Runam Krutva Ghrutam Pibet. The more I read on
Dvaita I think it is Charvaka philosophy in disguise. In Mahabharata
Tatparya Nirnaya also Madhva has said of the 4 Purusharthas the Kama is
more important than Dharma and others.

On Fri, Feb 15, 2019 at 3:52 AM Srinath Vedagarbha via Advaita-l <

> Here is an vyakyArtha debate held recently on this famous subject;
>
> https://youtu.be/ei1ha9nZ9P8
>
> /sv

Regards

-Venkatesh