[Advaita-l] How do you reconcile?

kuntimaddi sadananda kuntimaddisada at yahoo.com
Sun Feb 10 08:03:54 EST 2019

PraNAms to everybody.
In the 9th Chapter of Vedanta Sangraha Ramaraya Kavi says – The study of Vedanta shastras by women are prohibited. On the other hand, we see in Brihadarnyaka Upanishad sage Gargi arguing with the sage Yagnavalkya. In Geeta also there is a sloka that says that women are prohibited. In the Kenopanishad, third chapter when Indra goes to inquire who is that Yaksha who appears to be more powerful than the Gods, Goddess Uma appears. Here Uma is equated to shastras. Of course, Goddess Saraswati is the very embodiment of knowledge itself. How do we reconcile these with the statement that women should not study Vedas – Does that apply to Vedanta also?
Hari Om!Sadananda