[Advaita-l] Bhaagavata khandanam

Gopal gopal.gopinath at gmail.com
Sun Dec 29 09:35:40 EST 2019

 Namaste, Subbuji

> Could the Bhagavata Tatparya Nirnaya be termed a 'commentary' on the
text?  Is BTN a work of verses composed by Madhva or is it a verse-by-verse
commentary like Sridhara Swamin has done?

I do not want to misspeak as I have not read the work in full; just
familiar with some slokas for their meanings and only when they were cited
in talks. But I am appending a page (page 37), vol 1, introduction of the 5
volume work by Late KT Pandurangi's work on this text.  Please see it
attached where he describes about this work. That appears to answer your
question.
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1RWZf51mvYYQ7n4avoJqGPsu4GApqt1Gp/view?usp=sharing

Any further details on that, I would be also interested to know:  Prov. V.
Pandurangi  could be of help in this regard and I believe he writes on this
email list also.

Similar to your note on Sridhara Swamin's invocation, there is  another
verse that "shivasya hrudayam vishnO: vishnOscha hrudayam shiva:"... this
sloka has more lines that echo the ekata of the two divinities.
Sincerely
..gopal