[Advaita-l] JAGADGURU SRI CHANDRASEKHARA BHARATI MAHASWAMI – MYSTIC AND SEER - 15

S Jayanarayanan sjayana at yahoo.com
Sun Aug 25 12:22:44 EDT 2019

(Continued from previous post)

(Book condensation from Tattvaloka, July 1999, Volume XXII No. 2 )

http://www.svbf.org/journal/vol5no1-2/mystic.pdf

Jagadguru Sri Chandrasekhara Bharati Mahaswami – Mystic  and  Seer

About the Book and the Author

Sri Chandrasehkara Bharati Mahaswami, who incarnated in Sringeri adorned the Dakshinamnaya Sringeri Sharada Peetha
for 42 years (1912-1954), was one of those rare human beings who was born to teach and bring light to the lives
of all those with whom he came in touch.

The book selected for this issue, Jagadguru Chandrasekhara Bharati Mahaswami - Mystic and Seer, brings alive to
the reader the Jagadguru with all the fragrance and aroma of the fascination of his inner life.

“My Paramaguru’s unparalleled erudition in Sastras,” said the present Holiness Sri Bharati Tirtha Mahaswami,
“was matched only by his own ability to make even those of ordinary intellect comprehend the most profound import
of the scriptures. The touchstone of his erudition and scholarship is his commentary on Adi Sankara’s Vivekachoodamani.”

“Gifted with divine virtues, Jagadguru Sri Chandrasekara Bharati Mahaswami was also resplendent as a jivanmukta”,
His Holiness added.

A.R. Natarajan, author of the book, has been associated with the Sringeri Sharada Peetham for over three decades.
>From the time he saw the photograph of the sage at the old guest house at Sringeri, in 1956, the pull was magnetic.
The fascination continued. The author thinks that perhaps this link gave him the opportunity of being the
biographer of the Mahaswami.

The author says that at every stage, while gathering the material for it, sifting it, absorbing it and presenting it,
he felt an intimate contact with Sri Chandrasekata Bharati Mahaswami-one born for welfare of the world, rooted in the Self.

The book, conceived on the occasion of the birth centenary of the Mahaswami (October 16, 1992), was published
in 1994 by A.R. Natarajan, President of the Ramana Maharshi Center for Learning, 40/41, 2nd Cross,
Lower Palace Orchards, Bangalore 560 003. Priced at Rs. 95, the 202-page book contains a few color and some rare
black and white photographs.

(Concluded)