[Advaita-l] asat & asatya / sat & satya

Bhaskar YR bhaskar.yr at in.abb.com
Thu Aug 22 05:46:43 EDT 2019

praNAms
Hare Krishna

Yes,  the new aged more logical, scientific and authentic  approach should openly be adopted to many other stands in vedAnta as well.  If I am not wrong, this  includes that of unceremoniously arguing in favour of obsolete stand of something in the name of shraddha / bhakti in tradition or blindly accepting some illogical conclusions as  axioms.  But, unfortunately most of us afraid to question / doubt this as these things more significantly hold water in tradition since the time immemorial and more importantly these things  have the stamp of our traditional Acharya-s.

Coming back to recent Advaita acharya-s with scientific background, I am really curious to know what would be the explanation of Sri Dayananda Saraswati or paramArthAnanda Saraswati of Arsha Vidya with regard to tamas, whether it  is dravya / bhAva padArtha as traditionally explained??  Recently I read one of the hardcore followers of Sri SDS saying, Sri SDS clarified that attributing prArabdha karma phala to jnAni is like, after the death of a  person who had three wives,  rejecting  the vaidhavya to one patni  and declaring other two wives are widows 😊  BTW, what is Sri SDS’s take on jnAni’s avidyA lesha, his prArabdha, his rAga-dvesha etc. Any work of swamiji  available with regard to these issues ??

Hari Hari Hari Bol!!!
bhaskar