[Advaita-l] Can Vishnu Sahasranama stotram be chanted after sunset?

Venkata sriram P venkatasriramp at yahoo.in
Tue Aug 13 08:07:28 EDT 2019

Namaste,

Bhagavat Gita & Vishnu Sahasranama are the two gems given to us by Sage Veda Vyasa.

We must be prudent enough to utilise them and teach others about it's importance
and efficacy.

shrI bhagavannAma bodhendra saraswati, it seems, in His work नामामृत रसायनम् has told that VS can be
chanted anytime as it forms a part of हरिनाम कीर्तनम्.

Only thing is one should be externally pure while chanting the VS as the shloka says:

भक्तिमान् य: सदोत्थाय शुचिस्तत्गतमानसः ।
सहस्रं वासुदेवस्य नाम्नामेतत् प्रकीर्तयेत् ॥

I generally chant VS after my evening sandhyAvandanam.

rgs,
sriram