[Advaita-l] HH Sri Paramananda Bharathi Swamiji attained mukti

Venkatesh Murthy vmurthy36 at gmail.com
Fri Aug 2 10:00:54 EDT 2019

Namaste Sri Sadananda

Clear example of Avarana and Vikshepa is like this. Our father used to tell
us when we were going to the exam. 'Don't leave any question in the exam.
Always write something. If you write something the examiner can give some
marks if he wants. But if you leave any question with blank answer he has
to give zero marks for it.'

But this advice will not be good for Multiple  Choice Questions with
negative marking. If you leave any question without answering you will get
zero. But if you write wrong answer you will get negative marks like -1, -2
and so on.

No answer or blank answer = Deep sleep state Here there is no rope seen and
no snake also. No fear.
Wrong answer = Dream or Waking State. Here rope is seen as snake. Fear.

There is negative experience = Dukha experience in Dream and Waking. But no
experience in Deep sleep.

On Fri, Aug 2, 2019 at 6:10 PM kuntimaddi sadananda via Advaita-l <

> On Thursday, August 1, 2019, 11:54:46 PM PDT, Venkatraghavan S via
> Advaita-l <advaita-l at lists.advaita-vedanta.org> wrote:
>

>  Namaste Raghav ji,
> Or just take bhAva rUpa avidyA to mean it is abhAva vilakshaNa.
>
> The important thing is that ajnAna cannot mean jnAna abhAva. If so, then
> one would necessarily need pratiyogi jnAna to cognise abhAva. But if jnAna
> itself is pratiyogi, one would need to know jnAna to cognise ajnAna, which
> is a contradiction in terms.
>
> Better to say ajnAna is abhAva vilakshaNa padArtha that is sAkshi vedyam.
>
> Regards,
> Venkatraghavan
> ----------------------------
> Venkatraghavanji - PraNAms
> Just saw your note.
> We are familiar with two aspects associated with avidya - one is aavarana
> shakti and the other is vikshepa shakti. It is easier for me to attribute
> aavarana aspect with avidya and vishepa aspect to maayaa since mind is
> required for the latter - since the projection is done by the mind as in
> waking and dream states. In deep sleep state since the mind is in subtle
> form, only aavarana is evident.
> Of course, one can argue that mind is also a product of avidya or muula
> avidya. There also we can associate the mind and the whole creation to an
> aspect of vishepa aspect of avidya.
> In that sense, we are separating the avidya and maaya to some extent.
> It is consistent with jeevan mukta where aavarana is eliminated while the
> vikshepa aspect of maaya remains until the BMI drops. In that sense one can
> remove the bhaava ruupa aspect to avidya and associate it to maayaa shakti.
> Since maaya is equated to prakriti which is also responsible for projection
> - mayaa adhyakshena prakRiti .. and prakRityavacha karmaani kriya maanaani
> sarvashaH..etc can be easily understood.
> My 2c.
> Hari Om!Sadananda

Regards

-Venkatesh