[Advaita-l] Negating the Five Differences, 'Pancha Bheda-s'

Bhaskar YR bhaskar.yr at in.abb.com
Wed Apr 24 02:24:30 EDT 2019

Since you have not read the article that I had attached, you are not able to appreciate the refutation. Shankara shows shruti/smriti vakya-s for the refutation of all the types of bheda-s. Of course, he does not name each of the bheda-s but names just two: jiveshvara bheda and jiva-jiva bheda by implication. The other types of bheda-s get negated by the various vakya-s he cites.

praNAms Sri Subbu prabhuji
Hare Krishna

Yes, I have not read that article.  If my understanding is right, paNcha bedha-s as propagated by sri Ananda teertha through tattvavAda in the name of vedAnta,  was not existed at the time of shankara hence he has not taken ‘this type of bedha-s’ by vedAntins for refutation in prasthAna traya bhAshya while dealing with the dvaitins.  All vedAntins at the time of shankara were Atmaikatva vAdins though bedha accepted at certain levels.  Anyway thanks for your clarification.

Hari Hari Hari Bol!!!
Bhaskar