[Advaita-l] Names such as 'Brahma, Vishnu and Shiva' are mithyopadhika - Vishnu Puranam

V Subrahmanian v.subrahmanian at gmail.com
Tue Apr 23 10:04:18 EDT 2019

On Tue, Apr 23, 2019 at 6:22 PM Sanju Nath via Advaita-l <

> Dear Sri Subramanian-ji:
>
> Humble inquiry: How do we then reconcile Sri Abhinava Vidyatirtha, the 35th
> Jagadguru’s vision of Lord Shiva teaching yoga asanas in dream - is Lord
> Shiva not real in Vyavaaharik life, just as we are?

Dear Sanju,

Lord Shiva is a form of Brahman. It is quite real in vyavaharika life. You
would appreciate that that very Swamiji, when in Nirvikalpa Samadhi or as
explained in the particular chapter of YEP where he meditated on the
Ultimate Truth, would not see the Shiva form.

regards
subbu