[Advaita-l] scholarly books on Sankara Advaita History

Venkatesh Murthy vmurthy36 at gmail.com
Sun Apr 21 12:30:00 EDT 2019

Namaste

Dasgupta has not understood Advaita Vedanta. He makes unnecessary
connection of Gaudapada with Buddhism. We know Gaudapada wanted to show
Buddha did not teach complete Truth. In Alata Santi Prakarana he has said
'Naitad Buddhena Bhashitam'. The Buddha did not say complete Truth of
Vedanta. He taught only half.

On Sun, Apr 21, 2019 at 9:49 PM michael via Advaita-l <

> History of Early Vedanta Philosophy
> Hajime Nakamura
>

> The Encyclopedia of Indian Philosophies, Volume 3: Advaita Vedanta up to
> Samkara and His Pupils
> Karl H. Potter
>

> A History of Indian Philosophy
> Surendranath Dasgupta