[Advaita-l] Who is 'Jagadguru'?

Venkata sriram P venkatasriramp at yahoo.in
Tue Apr 16 03:44:25 EDT 2019

The sanyasi who is arguing there is Govindananda Saraswati who was the classmate of my wife in purvAshrama.

We never saw him doing sandhyavandana.   His friends' circle is very close to my wife.
While developing a website, happened to go sringeri and settled there for few days. Impressed with the
serene environment, thought of learning veda and placed his proposal before Mahasannidhanam. Upon
approval, stayed there for 6 months, thought of taking sanyasa. Mahasannidhanam didn't approve.
Fled Sringeri Mutt and approached Sivaganga Mutt and Dwaraka Mutt.  Somehow, managed to take
Sanyasa and started his own peetha (self-styled) in Hampi.  Being the youngest son, his mother cries before my
wife as they had high expectations & hopes on their son.

He is always in some controversy or other......

The sanyAsa-ashrama in our sanAtana dharma has become a big joke owing to jokers like these...