[Advaita-l] ULTIMATE TRUTH

Akilesh Ayyar ayyar at akilesh.com
Tue Apr 16 00:43:10 EDT 2019

Actually, Rupert Spira has been very familiar with Vedanta for a long time.

>From the bio on his website (
https://non-duality.rupertspira.com/about/rupert-spira):

"Rupert Spira first came across the poetry of Rumi at the age of fifteen in
1975. Shortly afterwards he learned the Mevlevi Turning, a sacred Sufi
dance of movement, prayer and meditation, at Colet House in London.

Soon after this he met his first teacher, Dr. Francis Roles, who was
himself a student of Shantananda Saraswati the Shankaracharya of the North
of India,. Under Dr. Roles’ guidance he learned mantra meditation and was
introduced to the classical system of Advaita or Non-Duality. This formed
the foundation of his interest and practice for the next 25 years."

On Tue, Apr 16, 2019 at 12:33 AM sreenivasa murthy via Advaita-l <