[Advaita-l] Samnyasa and Sankara's position?

H S Chandramouli hschandramouli at gmail.com
Sun Apr 14 09:59:21 EDT 2019

I am sorry I failed to add the following in the beginning.

Reg  << That does not mean these individuals were not fully liberated, nor
that the householder mode of life prohibits the acquisition of brahma
jnana. >>,

I agree. I am not saying they were not fully liberated nor that the
householder mode of life prohibits the acquisition of brahma jnana. But
they are exceptions and that does not invalidate the general rule. That is
what Sri Bhagavatpada says in his clarification.

Regards