[Advaita-l] Is the non-difference between cause and effect?

Venkatraghavan S agnimile at gmail.com
Mon Apr 8 14:14:10 EDT 2019

Namaste Raghav ji

On Mon, 8 Apr 2019, 20:22 Raghav Kumar Dwivedula via Advaita-l, <

> Namaste Bhaskarji and Venkatraghavan ji
>
> Bhaskarji wrote-
>
> "Anyway, kArya-kAraNa prakriya is there to prove brahman is in his svarUpa
> atyanta nirvishesha".
>
> Is the kArya-kAraNa ananyatva nyAya alone *sufficient* to arrive at
> nirvisheSha brahman? Or is it necessary but *not sufficient* to arrive at
> nirvisheSha brahman?
>
>  I think Sri Venkatraghavan ji suggested it's not enough.

I am not sure where I suggested this. I may have said that once kArya's
mithyAtva is understood, we can drop the kAraNatva of the parama kAraNa
also.

Anyway coming to the specific question, one can arrive at nirvisheSha
sadrUpa brahman through kArya kArana ananyatva nyAya - to be specific, if
we understand kArya kAraNa ananyatva as kAraNa vyatirekena kAryasya
anupalabdhi, we can arrive at sat. More details can be found in the bhAShya
for Gita 2.16 and accompanying Anandagiri TIkA. We know how seminal the
bhAShya is, the TIkA adds significant depth to the analysis and provides
the link from kArya kAraNa ananyatva to sad Brahman.

Regards
Venkatraghavan