[Advaita-l] Question about Sri Vidyaranya's JMV & jnani matra

Bhaskar YR bhaskar.yr at in.abb.com
Thu Apr 4 04:00:16 EDT 2019

>  Please let me know whether we have to wait till complete exhaustion
> of
prArabdha even after paripUrNa jnana??  Since prArabdha is the pratibandhaka to mOksha / jnana and prArabdha is in the form of continuation of jnAni's BMI jnAni cannot be assured of mOksha / jnana till the 'death' of his physical body.  From this we get the unwarranted conclusion that in Advaita absolute moksha is possible only after physical death of the jnAni because as long as his body is live jnAni's prArabdha
(sUkshmAvasthAvidyA) would act as 'pratibandhaka' to the absolute mOksha / jnana.

Yes, there is no Videha moksha until the exhaustion of prArabdha, but there can be jIvanmukti. That is the whole  point. In jIvanmukti, there is no AvaraNa-shakti to conceal Brahman, but the vikShepa-shakti of mAyA is still active. Upon exhaustion of prArabdha, even the projective power is nullified and there remains only Brahman.

praNAms Sri Anand Hudli prabhuji
Hare Krishna

Thanks for spending time with me prabhuji.

As per above observation, we can conclude as follows :

(a) In videha mOksha there is neither AvaraNa nor vikshepa type of avidyA.
(b) In Jeevan mukta,  there is no AvaraNa but vikshepa shakti still continue hence though he is Jeevan mukta due to vikshepa he is NOT like Videha mukta.

In a sense to get rid of two types of shakti of avidyA i.e. AvaraNa and vikshepa and to get mOksha in all its entirety  the person (jnAni) has to die. The Jeevan mukta may not be as good as Videha mukta as he still has vikshepa.  Am I reading the above sentences right and drawing the right conclusion prabhuji??  As I understood, the statement : ' Upon exhaustion of prArabdha, even the projective power is nullified and there remains only Brahman.' Means only after the death of the jnAni ( i.e. exhaustion of prArabdha) the projective power is nullified ( two shakti-s of avidyA along with AvaraNa, vikshepa also destroyed)  and ONLY in Videha mOksha state ONLY brahman remains.

If this is what Sri MS is saying not just to debate with dvaitins but presenting it as ultimate siddhAnta of Advaita, then I could understand  why there is a statement that says Sri MS is not completely following Sri bhagavatpAda and differs from him in some aspects of Advaita.

Hari Hari Hari Bol!!!
bhaskar