[Advaita-l] Question about Sri Vidyaranya's JMV & jnani matra

KAMESWARARAO MULA kamesh_ccmb at yahoo.co.in
Thu Apr 4 03:07:48 EDT 2019

Dear Sir,                "whether we have to wait till complete exhaustion of
prArabdha even after paripUrNa jnana??  Since prArabdha is the
pratibandhaka to mOksha / jnana and prArabdha is in the form of
continuation of jnAni's BMI jnAni cannot be assured of mOksha / jnana till
the 'death' of his physical body.  "
First we should all agree with the view that moksha is possible only with deha and there is no videhamukti. There may be a Jivanmukti.
we can take one examples from yoga vasishta for this:
Although Rama is an avatara purusha is the human form, during his encounter with Ravana, he exhausts at one particular point and became weak to handle the 10 headed ravana brahmma. At that juncutre, Vasishta gives his discourse that:(it may be a repetition which I posted in a different thread)The  Praarabdha (Current Sufferage) isthe effect of past actions. It  bringsabout the body. It sustains it. When once the Current Sufferage is expendedaway, the body will collapse irrespective of the fact whether you gave up onmentation or not. As long as the Current Sufferage lasts, nothing happens tothe body even if you relinquish mentation. Also remember that mentation can begiven up only by a living individual. A dead man cannot do it. As a matter of fact, mind becomes placid when once youabandon conceptualization. Consequently, the life force too moves peacefully.The life span of such a Yogi will increase but will not diminish.Hence Rama,do give up all mentations without any reservation. Let no new innate tendenciessanskaras settle in you. Go ahead and perform fearlessly all  actions that come upon you as the effects ofpast deeds.I heard a story that during the end of rama-avatara, yama came in disguise to hint rama as the time is reaching to reach the vaikunta and request not allow any one to come during the conversation, by chance lakshmana went in at that when yama was there and there by came to know that his time has also over.

If sanskara's settles in the body, it may lead to another birth.I feel that Sanskara's also have to be exhausted to get moksha, other wise it will be hurdles.
Then my question is that : How no new innate tendenciessanskaras settle in the physical body? so that it will lead to moksha.

Sri Guru Padaravindarpana MastuKameswara

>  Please let me know whether we have to wait till complete exhaustion of
prArabdha even after paripUrNa jnana??  Since prArabdha is the
pratibandhaka to mOksha / jnana and prArabdha is in the form of
continuation of jnAni's BMI jnAni cannot be assured of mOksha / jnana till
the 'death' of his physical body.  From this we get the unwarranted
conclusion that in Advaita absolute moksha is possible only after physical
death of the jnAni because as long as his body is live jnAni's prArabdha
(sUkshmAvasthAvidyA) would act as 'pratibandhaka' to the absolute mOksha /
jnana.

Yes, there is no Videha moksha until the exhaustion of prArabdha, but there
can be jIvanmukti. That is the whole  point. In jIvanmukti, there is no
AvaraNa-shakti to conceal Brahman, but the vikShepa-shakti of mAyA is still
active. Upon exhaustion of prArabdha, even the projective power is
nullified and there remains only Brahman.

Anand