[Advaita-l] Question about Sri Vidyaranya's JMV & jnani matra

Srinath Vedagarbha svedagarbha at gmail.com
Wed Apr 3 23:10:48 EDT 2019

On Tue, Apr 2, 2019 at 9:15 AM Anand Hudli via Advaita-l <

> On Mon, Apr 1, 2019 at 9:53 AM V Subrahmanian via Advaita-l <
> >>
> So we have to say that the cloth gets destroyed a moment later
> after the threads get destroyed. In objection to this, it is stated (by the
> dvaitin) that the cloth gets destroyed just a moment later, but the body of
> a jIvanmukta  can persist for years before falling off. How is this
> possible? It is in reply to this objection that Madhusudana brings out the
> role of prArabdha, which acts as an obstruction (pratibandha). It is only
> when there is no pratibandha that the destruction of the an effect (body)
> immediately follows the destruction of the cause (avidyA).

Then you have to admit at least such existence of prArabdha is outside the
scope of avidya kalpita jagat. Otherwise it also should have destroyed when
jnAna is realized.  This leads to advaita hAni. All arguments using arrow
(already left from the bow) or inertia of potter's wheel, are all useless
as the causes of such things are not related to each other.

/sv