[Advaita-l] Source of Mahanyasa Mantras

Balasubramanian Ramakrishnan rama.balasubramanian at gmail.com
Sat Sep 29 07:39:40 EDT 2018

Some traditions chant only the mantras from the kaaThakam 2.2. These 3
chapters are usually placed after the 3rd AshTakam and before the AraNyakam
in most publications. Other traditions chant the full samhitA 1.3.14 before
doing this. The first Rk from 1.3.14 is split into 4 padas in kAThakam 2.2.
After that it goes devA deveShu shrayadhvam, etc. Do you have references to
everything else?

Ramakrishnan

On Fri, Sep 28, 2018 at 5:07 AM Naga Raju Narayanaswamy via Advaita-l <