[Advaita-l] a mumukshu and a deluded at pralaya

Keshava Mahadeva keshava.mahadeva143 at gmail.com
Sat Oct 6 13:35:20 EDT 2018

Hi,

I am confused here. Here are my doubts:

1) You say Appaya Dikshitar has agreed to both the view points. sarava
mukti and a jeeva getting the knowledge of absolute and merging into
Brahman. But one of them only can be correct right. How to reconcile
Appayya Dikshitar's acceptance of both the view points? Which is actually
right?

2) You quoted about Vamadeva Story. Can you quote in short about that
story? I know you gave the page number of that book, but that book is not
available in English. So it would be great if you could explain the story
of Vamadeva?

3) I kind of agree with Bhaskar Prabhu on this. Why the jiva that has
attained Brahma Jnana has to wait for other jivas also to attain the
knowledge of Brahman. From H S Chandramouli Prabhu's statments, I see that
Bhamati school agrees with the concept of sarva mukti and Vivarna chooses
the other side. What has Shankaracharya told on this? Does he agree with
sarva mukti or once jeeva gets the knowledge of absolute he merges into
Brahman?

Thanks & Regards
Keshava Mahadeva