[Advaita-l] Why scripture talks of creation?

H S Chandramouli hschandramouli at gmail.com
Thu Oct 4 06:57:08 EDT 2018

On Thu, Oct 4, 2018 at 8:32 AM V Subrahmanian via Advaita-l <

> Sringeri Acharya HH Sri Abhinava Vidyatirtha Mahasvamin:
>
> A less advanced spiritual aspirant will find it difficult to comprehend the
> waking state as being similar to the dream state. To cater to the doubts of
> such people as regards creation, the scriptures speak variously of
> origination. Scriptures are actually not concerned with creation at all.

Namaste.

BUB 2-1-20

<< तस्मात् एकरूपैकत्वप्रत्ययदार्ढ्यायैव सर्ववेदान्तेषु
उत्पत्तिस्थितिलयादिकल्पना, न तत्प्रत्ययकरणाय ॥ >>

<< tasmAt ekarUpaikatvapratyayadArDhyAyaiva sarvavedAnteShu
utpattisthitilayAdikalpanA, na tatpratyayakaraNAya || >>

Translation (Swami Madahavananda) << Therefore the mention in all Vedanta
texts of the origin, continuity and dissolution of the universe is only to
strengthen our idea of Brahman being a homogeneous unity, and not to make
us believe in the origin etc. as an actuality. >>

This is the concluding statement of this part of the  discussion in the
Bhashya. For the detailed discussion, the Bhashya may be referred.
Regards